2/10/04

Crazy Day

The perfect journey is circular ~ ~the joy of departure and the joy of return ~ Dino Basili

The first 10 days of February seem like they lasted about 1/2 hour.

 Jennifer flies back to Chicago via Munich tonight. First leg; 3am-4:30am and then the last leg from 5:30am to 3:15pm Michigan time so say a little prayer for her.

Things are going very slow at work; I need to come up with a creative way to make a part-time paycheck for the next 3 years. My passion is photos and music. I sat here yesterday and went through all our music files looking for "traveling" music.

Any of you who need an idea for Pop Go The Sailors give me a shout. I have a ton of ideas. But keep in mind I'm a member of the "country" club. I need to have Melissa and Mary do a Judd’s song before I die or they graduate.

So I put out a couple of fires at work, met with a rep from the Merchandise Mart, took a couple of measurements for window treatments, headed home, ate supper on the fly, stopped by my gym: aka the high school to walk.

I had just finished one round and the batteries go dead in the CD player, (shoulda downloaded my country onto the ipod). I'm power walking in silence and as I am rounding the back hallway, all of a sudden the lights start dimming, strobe lights begin to flash, all the doors automatically slam shut and an alarm that could wake the dead starts to blare repeatedly for about 20 minutes.

Instant headache, that didn't want to quit when the alarm did. As I left the high school I had to stop by the costume room to pick up a work order for the cast of Cinderella's costumes (say that 10 times fast) and I ran into Melissa in the hall. That made my day. If it were possible to stay in choir and get her G.E.D. she'd do it! I don't know how she's going to make it for another year and 1/2.

I say a little prayer for her.

 OK then that was my day.

No comments: