2/28/04

I'm Walkin' On Sunshine

What sunshine is to flowers: smiles are to humanity ~ John Addison

First of all, Joan Rivers should not be on TV in any capacity.

And second of all...... Ahhhhhhhhhh!! My whole attitude has changed with the weather. We traveled to Chicago for about 24 hours. What fun. Ben's Friday night Improv Olympic show proved hilarious and he played to a packed house.

Kept the windows down and the radio up during our Saturday errand run. Around 5pm we dropped Jen at work and got Melissa home in time to see "The Movie" with her friends, but she won’t or can’t talk about it because she said it was beyond words.

I still don't know if I can bring myself to see it. I'm a little worried because, as a believer, I'm somewhat afraid it won't affect me enough. I do not want to come away and stay complacent. I don't know. Sometimes I want to change and become "sold out" and yet I like my life the way it is and who I am right now. Who am I kidding? I don't like quite a few things about myself. I'm self-centered, a procrastinator, AND a gossip. I sit on fences and tell myself the glass is half empty. I let the weather dictate my mood and I don't want to see a movie that will turn my life upside down? The Bible says God could vomit when he sees believers being lukewarm. He'd rather us be hot (sold out) or cold (non believer). I could use a swift kick in the pants. I'll go.

No comments: