10/31/04

Craziness

You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that you will be mastering change rather than it mastering you. ~ Brian Tracy

So much has happened in this short space of time we call a week. Some of it good some of it not so pleasant. Some if it I would like to change and some of it I have no control over and so it is ALL in my attitude and I how I respond.

Melissa, Mark, myself, Ben, and Annie (his delightful girlfriend) went out to eat Wednesday evening...in-between uneventful World Series innings we would all go sneak peaks at the lunar eclipse from Melissa's telescope. WOW, are we ever little peons in the whole scheme of things.

If God can design, create, and keep the whole universe strung in place, it doesn't really matter who governs us in January. But that didn't keep us from joining the West Michigan throngs at a standing room only rally in Grand Rapids. I guess we'll know more Tuesday.

It was so fun to have Ben sneak home for a day and half. I believe he is learning, growing, laughing, and loving in his new job. Not to mention the close proximity of home via Grand Valley State. I simply cannot wait to spend more time with Annie and look forward to meeting her family. Put us down for Springhill family camp, Labor Day Week-end 2005, and following. I can think of no better place to be.

Speaking of families....It was so hard to see my friend Kate and her family go through the sudden loss of her father. It's no wonder that her family is so loving and caring...their family legacy has been passed down from generation to generation and it has affection, grace, concern, and positive attitude written all over it.

Keep the memories alive and as you grieve and morn your loss don't forget to smile through the tears, for you know, that is the way your father and grandfather would want it to be.

And now, on the eve of 49 and holding, I feel compelled to live strong. I want to live passionately and gracefully, but I'm not sure I know how. I'm willing to learn.

No comments: