3/27/05

Family Ties

The ball don't lie, the ball don't lie, the ball don't lie." ~ Rasheed Wallace bobble head

I am enjoying everyone these days, even Mark. It seems like our hard work, sacrifices, prayers, discipline, and measly attempt at unconditional love has paid in giant personality rewards. I don’t think there is anyone I would rather spend time with than my family. Ben got to spend a week in Chicago visiting old friends and relaxing. They arrived home early Saturday afternoon so he and Mark could turn around and head to Detroit to watch their beloved Pistons win in overtime against the Celtics. Jen, Annie, Melissa and I all got in our jogging pants (a joy in and of itself) and watched “Finding Neverland” which is now one of my top 10 favorites. Melissa got 2 swim suits in her hypothetical Easter Basket. Ben got 2 gas gift cards and Jennifer got 1/2 of her uninsured warts removed. The sun is shining, the forecast is finally representative of spring, and I will wear jeans to Mars Hill tonight to celebrate Easter. I am blessed.

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean, you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide till evening?
Whose words alone can stop a falling star?

The very same God who spins things in orbit.
Runs to the weary, the worn, and the weak.
And the same gentle hands, that hold me when I'm broken
They conquered death to bring me victory.
Now I know
My redeemer lives
He lives to take away my shame
He lives forever, I'll proclaim
The full payment of my sins
Was his precious life he gave
And now he's alive and
There's an empty grave!
I know
My redeemer lives.
Let All creation testify
This life within me cries
He lives.

No comments: