6/28/05

Get Here

The perfect journey is circular ~ The excitement of departure and the joy of the return ~ Dino Basili


Back in the good 'ole USA. What I'm presuming to be her flight just touched down in Chicago. I can picture everyone standing and stretching and then starting to jockey for position to get their carry-on's out of the overhead. It always seems like such a long wait until the line starts to move. Then finding their baggage claim and the ever so slow carousel. Her bright red suitcase with the lime green bow tired around it will not be hard to spot. I wonder if she's thinking about how final the good-byes will be tonight as she leaves that parking lot. They've always had Brazil in front of them to ward off the inevitable. I wonder how her and I will ever handle the fall.

No comments: