11/10/11

Status Update

Drive By Shooting 
I'm doing pretty good. 

Other than a couple rants about Country Music Awards shows, I consider myself a half-full person. Having said that, true country music ... the kind that pierces you in the depths of your soul ... needs an evangelist. Maybe it'll be The Band Perry - “We sort of feel like we are part of the country evangelism scene and we love to hear country songs on pop radio,” -  Kimberly Perry 

Yesterday was cold and blustery, but I woke in the night and threw up the sash to a beautiful golden moon, hanging low in the Western sky, who whispered,  


"Because of the LORD’s great love 
we are not consumed, 
for his compassions never fail. 
 They are new every morning; 
   great is your faithfulness."

This morning, all is calm, all is cold.

While in Florida, we went on a little Anna Maria Island mini-van cruise.  We ambled through a bayside trailer park, and if each and every retro-rounded-gaudy-hued mobile home didn't catch my eye, this secluded and serene spot did. I do believe the chartreuse chair spoke to me "Come away and rest awhile." Maybe it was the yellow one.

If this were available to me on a regular basis, I'd plunk down with a good book and choose a different chair for each day or chapter.

I'm meandering today.  I want to keep this here blog updated a bit more.  I want to be transparent and yet I border on passive aggressive.  Let's talk about that later.

I hate paragraphs that start with I.

How are you?  No, seriously, how ARE you? 


Funny story... Yesterday at church while speaking of how technology is a great tool to evangelize to the ends of the earth, the pastor said this while holding up his iPhone.  "I use my phone for everything ... this sermon is on here, I read books on here, I use it to text, search, and it's my map, I find places to eat, I take pictures and notes on it, I read the bible on here, I listen to music on my phone.  Ya know what I don't use a phone much for anymore?  To talk on.

So I leave you with this and my book list for the winter.

Redeeming Love ~ Francine Rivers
Living A Life Of Fire ~ Reinhard Bonnke
Steve Jobs ~ Walter Isaacson
The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind ~ Bill Johnson
The Help ~ Kathryn Stockett
Storm Warning ~ Billy Graham
Just As I Am ~ Billy Graham
Nearing Home ~ Billy Graham
The Acts of the Apostles ~ Saint Paul
Killing Lincoln ~ Bill O'Riley
Where The River Ends ~ Charles Martin
Lost December ~ Richard Paul Evans
Michael Vey the Prisoner of Cell 25 ~ Richard Paul Evans
Love Has A Face ~ Michele Perry
Against All Odds ~ Jim Stier

Rereads
When Heaven Invades Earth ~ Bill Johnson
Out of a Far Country ~ Christopher Yuan
The Same Kind of Different As Me ~ Denver Moore, Ron Hall
Crazy Love ~ Francis Chan
Forgotton God ~ Francis Chan
Running Into Water ~ Angela Blycker

God bless you, and when He does, tell me about it.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love your blogs and your smart, creative, inspirational, thoughtful posts...