2/3/12

Super Power

As I stumble my way downstairs early this morning  and stare out the kitchen window ... something is missing.  Even if daylight hasn't  broken, from this window I can see the lights of the town, the interstate, and the bustle of morning traffic down at the seed company corner. 
  
But this morning I see nothing.  Total blackness.  


Fog has fallen, in the night. Like a down quilt fluffed and then flopped down on the bed, the fog floats across the farm.  Like a weighty theatre curtain drawn between acts, it surrounds me on my private acre stage.


As I begin to peruse the internet, I see the fog has curtained most of NW Indiana and I think about the millions of people descending on Indianapolis for Superbowl XLVI. I want to haul out the Canon and head out to take some morning photographs, but one other facebook article catches my eye.


How did we get to this place? 
How can this happen in our heartland? 
This country where 80% claim to be christian?


Then I got to wondering how many believers will be in and around the Indy area this week-end. And I had another of my WDIMWIS (What Does It Mean When It Says) moments?  
Matthew 18:18-20 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.  Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."


And so I pray against this evil phenomon. I pray this stronghold will be broken all over the Indianapolis area. I pray the Holy Spirit will move and fall over this city like a flood light penetrates the players. I pray that orchestrators of this evil will become confused and disoriented because of their lack of power to plan and make connections. I pray for a hedge of protection around possible victims. We, just like Tim Tebow, are on our knees, God, praying for Indianapolis.


And because of the above scripture I also pray for believers to be bold and share the gospel with everyone in their super bowl bubble. I pray the peace of God shines on their faces and the holy spirit  fills them with love, joy, peace, and kindness, and moves people into random acts of compassion. I pray that a spirit of revival will start to build and roll in like this morning's fog, and the light and fire from heaven will descend, chasing away the heavy darkness, on this city, in the heart of America. 


Amen



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that photo, beautiful, really! Amen to your prayers over Indy and your heart to think this way on a foggy morning. Blessings!

Deidra said...

I've been reading this news about sex-trafficking and the Super Bowl. The news has been popping up all week. It hurts my heart, and I join you in prayer.

Thanks for linking up.

caryjo said...

You live in a very "popular" area at a very intense time. Fogginess is extremely challenging on top of everything else.

Kerry said...

Joining in a prayer...This world is so different today. Beautiful photo.

Thoughts for the day said...

great thoughts and words, love your blog it is inviting.