2/12/12

Roots & Wings


My sisters and I spent 3 days in Chicago, converging on the city to hear Francis Chan (Crazy Love, Forgotton God) at the historic Moody Memorial Church.  Ephesians 3 tells the spiritual story of our time together, but check back to get the physical, emotional, and maybe the "mental" play by play of our reunion. 



For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,  
that He would grant you, 
according to the riches of His glory, 
to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,  that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; 
that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 
may be able to comprehend with all the saints 
what is the width and length and depth and height 
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; 
that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Have a blessed Sunday and a Happy Valentine's Day.


6 comments:

nicolewian said...

What a great thing to do with your sisters!

S. Etole said...

What a blessing when family is truly "family."

Kerry said...

Oh isn't it great to see our sisters!! Glad you had a great time with yours!!
Happy Sunday!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

It's such a gift when our sisters become among our dearest friends.

caryjo said...

A blessing... some of the most blessed and blessing-filled verses.

Nancy said...

My son goes to school in Chicago, and one of his best friends attend Moody, and I was so jazzed when I saw the line-up of speakers last week. I was hoping the two of them got to hear Francis Chan. Thanks for stopping by my place, and for the follow. It's beautiful over here!