5/18/12

Live Like That

I can not believe May is 1/2 over. I can't believe how far into 2012 I find myself. I also can not believe how living in the quiet and quaint of a small town is such a blessing in my life right now.  I need milk, orange juice, or toothpaste and in less than 10 minutes I can be having cereal or brushing my teeth. The birds sing all day long, and I can hear them. 

On the other hand, driving to Lafayette affords me some Julee time, K-Love, an unbelieveable farmer's market on Wed afternoon, and a plethora of churches ... I found these guys---Sidewalk Prophets--alongside US 231 & State Road 18.  You know what I mean.


Don't get me wrong, I'm achin' for a Max & Lilly fix. I long for a quiet evening laughing with family, talking of nothing in paticular, and everything important. I miss Michigan in the summer. I miss my porch. I miss the big lake. I miss the scent of pine trees and my neighbors. You know what I mean. 

But I have learned am learning, from Paul and Phillipians 4:11 (Sometimes the King James Version is the only way to go)

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

I wanna live like that.

No comments: