3/2/13

Spring Break '08





MELISSA 
The best thing about Africa was...The kids.


The hardest part of the trip was...Leaving them.


The scariest time was when...I thought Tim was choking on his food....but then he just threw it up.


What kind of culture shock did you experience...Being stared at everywhere you go, and the hole in the ground that was our toilet


The people I will remember forever are...Amos, Laizer, and the hope house babies.


The biggest lesson God taught me...We can't help what we're born into....but no matter where that may be, He is present. 


What I will never forget is...worship with the Masai tribe.


The funniest moment...One night we stayed up for half the night trying to think of the name of the mom in the lion king.....Sarabi.


The saddest moment...Leaving


If you could go back tomorrow...I would? lol


Africa will forever...be apart of me


How can we help the orphanage/Amos/Lazier...Prayer. That Amos will raise support to finish his church. and that the Hope House will be blessed and that the children will be put in good homes.


What one thing do you want people to know about...Um...see above.


The food was...blan.


How did you celebrate your trip in Amsterdam...I don't know what you're talking about....


How were your prayers answered...The leaders of Kenya came to a peace agreement while we were flying over the ocean.


Next time I will...stay longer.


What kind of culture shock did you experience upon your return...Target is big.


I will never again complain of...bad roads.


I will always...remember.



JEN 
The best thing about Africa was...the people


The hardest part of the trip was...wondering if these babies would have homes someday


The scariest time was when...I almost got hit by a truck


What kind of culture shock did you experience...I wasn't really shocked by any of it...except maybe the music on the public transportation.


The people I will remember forever are...Lazier, Amos, Simon (the interpreter at the Masai tribe) , the babies
 and why I will remember them... Because they love Jesus and have hearts that are too big for their bodies


The biggest lesson God taught me...to not judge Americans for not giving enough, because a lot of people haven't seen what we've seen. Also that beautiful things can come from desperate situations.


What I will never forget is...


The funniest moment...Trying to figure out the name of the mom lion on lion king at 1 a.m.


The saddest moment...when I finally admitted that I was in love with the kids and realized I had to leave them


If you could go back tomorrow...I would


Africa will forever...have a part of me

How can we help the orphanage/Moses/Lazier...e-mail me and I will tell you! Jgracephoto(at)gmaildotcom
  Also you can now go here:  BEFORE AND AFRICA

What one thing do you want people to know about...money is something that comes easily to us. It takes them years to raise money to finish churches or put up toilets...things that would take us days or hours. I want people to know that there are so many things they can do, and do we really need all the things that we buy? 


The food was...tasteless


How did you celebrate your trip in Amsterdam...Beers for breakfast


How were your prayers answered...I prayed that God change my heart and he did
 ... plus there were many more ... too many to write in a little comment box.

Next time I will...Bring more things to give away


What kind of culture shock did you experience upon your return...I just noticed all of the things I have been taking for granted...even my "small" house seems huge to me now
I will never again complain of..."being broke" or "being sick"


I will always...feel completely and totally blessed to have had this experience. I missed one



What I will never forget is...the three different worship services we attended...I will never worship the same again



No comments: