5/2/14

Bucket 'O Mess

I'm pushing 60 and that is no time for my bucket list to be in such a mess.

First of all, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

And thirdly, I'm forever getting' on the band wagon late or falling off of it, constantly. Coming soon: Trends, Kingdom Living, and I know, I know, more Spring Break pics.

Ya know that time when you thought you were in mid-life and then you realize that 45 was more of a mid-way point?  Yeah, so there's that.



Let me tell you what I'm over, and then I'll get into what I still want to do, see, or start.

I'm over half-way.

I'm over trying to change people. Yup, there I said it. Do what you want to do, say what you want on Facebook or to my face,  be who you want to be, or don't.

I'm over the moon in love with my grandchildren.  I still like their parents, but dang if those little guys just don't steal my heart.

So here's my messy bucket list, of course, in no particular order.

Travel in a river boat on the Rhine

Eat at or buy and run a Food Truck

Fix up the Mallard and camp in it

Winter in Florida

Start a non-profit

Renovate the Grey Barn

Africa missions

Entertain angels unaware

Write a book

Shoot a destination wedding(s)

Family vacation at Disney World

Cross country train trip

And I'd still time travel, if the opportunity presented itself.

So there it is, mostly selfish stuff, but me none-the-less, a beautiful mess.
Linking today with: Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this! I'm pushing 60 also. I've got some things fufilled that are on YOUR bucket list and some not. I winter in FL (yay!), but still don't have any grandchildren (Waaah). I bet you'd choose those grandsugars if you had to choose, right? Thankfully you don't. Wishing the best for you in your present AND future. Blessings....

Becky said...

"I'm over the moon in love with my grandchildren. I still like their parents, but dang if those little guys just don't steal my heart."

This cracked me up! Our parents still like us, too, but the grandbabies are where it's at!! :)

Chandra Hadfield said...

This was awesome! My husbands list includes running his own food truck. We're 40, and he sometimes feels it's too late to follow his dreams. I'll have to share this with him so he's encouraged that it's never too late! Thanks for sharing this list!