2/26/16

Dear Grandchildren

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, more specifically, your Grandma's blog.

I wonder if you'll even know what a blog is. Hopefully, facebook will have joined myspace in the internet graveyard, by the time you care.

Did you know Grandma can predict the future?  Yup, that's right. I can see it all now!

I see disneyworld trips, cousin sleepovers, upnorth camping, and world traveling. You'll probably all love summer camp. You'll act like you own the place and watch the stars from the exact spot where your parents met and maybe even kissed for the first time! I KNOW...eeeewwwww!

This planet is jammed with giant redwoods, grand canyons, eiffel towers, mercy ships, and rapid rivers. Who makes such a wonderful world? 

God did.

I see basketball games, choir concerts, school plays, friendship and sibling rivalry. You are all going to be so creative and talented. I can say that, because I'm the grandma.

I picture trips to Grandma and Grandpa's indiana farmhouse, florida trailer, muskegon cottage, or urban condo.  Not that we'll have four homes ... but who exactly knows what the future holds? 

God does.

I envision so much for you guys. Especially, when you all live in the same town. Moses, when you read here, I want you to know that you've been wanted and prayed for the whole time you have lived in this world. We've been  excited to meet you since we first saw your picture on new years eve 2013. 

And though it's not quite grand rapids ...on Lucys 4th day in this world, your mom and dad got a very encouraging phone call that soon you may be moving back to kinshasa .... which is one step closer to home. Who can move mountains, calm the storms and orchestrate your arrival?

God will.

I know life won't always be easy for you, my grandchildren. We were all created with a place in our hearts for God.  You will be tempted to fill that space with all kinds of neat and fun stuff to do, like I mentioned before. I know this because Grandma tries to do that all the time.

People, places and things will worm their way into your life, and this won't always be good stuff and good guys.   But who can satisfy your soul like no other?

God can.

Lucille Rose 2.21.16






1 comment:

Kate said...

Lucky Grandbabies, to have you.